Use case Question

Options

Hi community. I am working with @Laura Polson to help our field staff be able to track their schedules while out visiting stores for various reasons. We would like to find a way to show visibility based on hierarchy (district to regional to territory) for assigned stores.

For example - if I am a District Sales Manager that is assigned 10 stores, I would need to be able to see my own schedule and metrics. My Regional Sales Manager would also need to see my schedule and metrics, along with other District Managers that report in their assigned region.

I am trying to leverage a Dashboard that has shortcuts to open sheets and reports that filter to the "Current User". I have also done the mapping of who reports to who for which stores. I am getting stuck on trying to graphically represent on a dashboard either a calendar view or even a simple chart. Example chart idea is grouped by District Manager that has a column for each store # that counts the # of times visited in the designated period of time. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Happy to connect live for demonstration and brainstorming. @Laura Polson is UK based and I am Atlanta based so will need to keep time frames in mind.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Martha Hemingway @Laura Polson

I hope you're well and safe!

• I recommend a structure combining the premium apps, WorkApps, and Dynamic View (it might not be needed if it can be structured entirely in WorkApps).
    • For WorkApps, you need to have an Enterprise license to create and use it, or you have acquired a Collaborator Pack or have access to Smartsheet Advance.

Can you share some screenshots and more information? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers