Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Dollar and Percent Symbols Not Showing

Matthoenicke
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I've been playing with this for some time now but havent' figured out the way to have these symbols show up in my sheets.

Would anyone here be able to point me in the right direction with this? 

2015-07-13_12-54-40.jpeg

2015-07-13_12-57-59.jpeg

Tags:

Comments

• I'm assuming you've highlighted the cells/collumns and pressed the associated fortmat button on the bottom of the tool bar on the left?  I ask because I had imported bits from multiple sheets and had non uniform formatting in my percent collumn - and was directed to make sure I had done this.

• Appreciate your reply David.

Actually, I see it happening in both cells that aren't formatted as well as cells that are. I've tried it on new blank sheets and sheets I've imported in from Google Sheets. 

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can add these symbols to your cells by highlighting the cells and selecting the Currency Format or Percent Format buttons on your toolbar. Unless I am misinterpreting your question? If you want to apply the format to the entire column, single left click on the column header, then select the format button. 

• Wow, right in front of my face... that's exactly what I was missing.

Thank you, John!

This discussion has been closed.