How can I use one sheet to build onto another and still be able to manipulate the data?

Options
JalenaJ
JalenaJ ✭✭
edited 11/06/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I am pretty new to Smartsheet, and my office would like to account for requests using Smartsheet. There are two types of requests: Original and Supplemental. Supplemental requests build onto original requests. Therefore, if someone wants to request the same individual, they will submit a supplemental request because an original already exists. I thought it best to create two separate sheets and forms for original and supplemental requests and bring them in together into a report, but I cannot manipulate report data. If anyone has advice on how to better go about solving this, please assist.

My next hurdle is figuring out how to automatically send each request based on budget threshold to two different groups of people.

Answers

• markkrebs
    markkrebs ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Id build it into one sheet with a type column indicating Original and Supplemental. You can make 2 forms on that sheet for each type and by clicking the link in can populate the type. You can manage the data via the sheet or a report. Also, you cant change data on a report if the cell has a formula.