Current User Filter - Help requested!

CCatAz
CCatAz ✭✭
edited 11/10/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello there! I am brand new to Smartsheet and working with one that has been well developed and is currently being used by our department, about 90 people, without any issues. Recently, I've been asked to set up a report that, when opened, it will filter for the current user. I have tried using some of the rules indicated throughout the community (created by>is one of>current user) but our trigger (Requestor email) doesn't match any that I have seen and because of that, it doesn't allow me to set the rest of the condition. Is there an expression or automation I can use in place of a filter that will capture the current user information and display only that when being reviewed? I hope I used the proper terminology and explained my issue correctly! Thanks for any help you can give me!

Crystal

Answers

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@CCatAz

Does the sheet you are using in your report have a "Contact List" column that would be utilized to assign tasks? This would be the column to use in your report filter options to filter those tasks to the current user.

Hope this helps.

• CCatAz
    CCatAz ✭✭

Our "Requestor Email" is the contact list column that assigns tasks, yes. I've applied the suggested conditions from above - Requestor email>has any of>Current user, and my test partner who has full admin rights was able to see their submissions while another test partner with only viewer rights was not able to see anything. Does permission level hold restrictions on what can and can't be seen?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

They need to be shared to the source sheet(s) with at least viewer permissions as well.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com