Best practises for creating a list of staff and tasks each day

Hi everyone, I'm new to smart sheet. Looking for advice on best practises. We want to create a list each day of who is working that day, what task they're working on, and what their deliverables are that day. It's a seven day workplace. We might have two dozen staff. But not all are scheduled to work each day, and who is working can vary from one day to the next, and not just weekday to weekend. I have a master list as a template. For simplicity, we could take template each day, save it as a new day's list, filter by who's working. And then populate the task lists and deliverables. At the end of the day, we archive to a separate sheet. Then repeat the process the next day creating a new "day of" grid. Does that make sense? Or is there a better way? We do, over time, want to be able to create monthly and quarterly reports form the data. Any advice appreciated. Ian

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @icaldwellctv

I hope you're well and safe!

If I understand your need correctly, you could add tasks to a master sheet and then have a report set with the current user and maybe filtered to the day. This would show the tasks on that day for those viewing the report.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers