Unable to see specific sheets in Move Row or Copy Row workflows

Comments

• Linda Hoydic
    Linda Hoydic ✭✭✭✭

While I understand the concept behind this change, and I'm not necessarily totally unhappy with it, it is infuriating when the search function will find the sheet on some sheets and not others. I have a destination sheet that has multiple source sheets. What is aggravating is that I'm not sure I've seen a resolution to automate copy rows, if the search function doesn't find the sheet. There has to be an alternative way to build the automated process if/when search doesn't find the destination sheet.

I've tried searching for the workspace name, other sheets in that workspace but to no avail. Then I move to another sheet, and the search function works. I saw a comment somewhere about waiting for a period of time, if the destination sheet is a new sheet. So now, I've waiting an entire weekend and I'm still having the same issue.

I clearly don't understand why it works sometimes and not others. Any insight????

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Linda Hoydic

I have experienced this too and in my example it was down to Ownership of the sheet being searched for. I believe that if the owner of the sheet you are searching for is different to the owner of the sheet you are searching from, then it might not show up on the search (even if you are shared to both as admin)... Could this explain it for you?

(I might be completely wrong here and remembering the wrong reason for the issue, but I do think that I have experienced this reason behind something not showing when I expected it to show) Worth a look anyway!

• Linda Hoydic
    Linda Hoydic ✭✭✭✭

@Debbie Sawyer I did see a note on the search screen about owner/admin status, and I know that I am either the owner or an admin. I guess I have not paid enough attention to know if there is a difference for those that it finds the destination sheet and those it does not. I guess that could explain, but that is ridiculous as well. I'm am not the owner on all of our sheets in SS, nor do I want or need to be. I am however and admin in all workspaces. I'll try and check that out, but I'm not sure it solves my problem. Thanks !

• Hey @Linda Hoydic

To clarify, you don't need to be the owner on any of the sheets, you can be an Admin, that's fine.

However you need the Owner of the current sheet (the one you're taking rows away from) to be shared to the second sheet with at least Admin as well.

Essentially you can't steal rows away from the Owner - they need to be able to access their data in the second sheet, too. Does that make sense?

See the Note in this Help Article:

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now