Generating New Sheets from a source sheet?

Hi, 

Quick question...

I have a source SmartSheet with 1,390 rows of data. The data is for 41 schools each of which make up a varying number of rows (they're tutoring programs, so some small and some large programs). The source sheet contains the necessary references and formulas built in. The final product will be 41 copies of the source sheet each containing only the rows for an individual school.

What's the quickest way to accomplish this task?

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Joe

Answers

• Marlana K.
    Marlana K. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

What is the purpose of 41 copies of the source sheet other than only seeing what is related to their school? Will they be required to do anything in the sheet?

MARLANA KALINOWSKI

Sr. Business Analysts / Smartsheet Solutions

National Pharmacy Services | Genoa Healthcare

• They'll be updated every week with new tutoring groups and then uploaded to PowerBI to do some revenue analysis.

• Marlana K.
    Marlana K. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Have you considered creating reports versus individual sheets? If you are expecting the Source Sheet to be updated this would allow the user to update only the information related to their school in the report which would also update the source sheet. You would have to give access to underlying data (editor-cannot view), when you select Share on the Source Sheet uncheck Notify people option this way the won't receive the link to the source data and remove the sheet name link in the report by unchecking it in columns to display. I use a similar process for several of our Smartsheet Solutions that I have designed.

Marlana

MARLANA KALINOWSKI

Sr. Business Analysts / Smartsheet Solutions

National Pharmacy Services | Genoa Healthcare

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @JoeJFiore

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Marlana's excellent advice/answer.

Two other options would be the premium apps, Dynamic View or WorkApps, and in both, you wouldn't need to share the underlying sheets.

Are any of those an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.