Setting up notifications when one column has all rows checked.

Hello,

We are trying to setup a notification to a person in our company through Automation. We want ALL boxes to be checked on all rows for different topics before the notification is set.

See screenshot. We would want all "Processes" to be checkmarked for Month 1/2/3 in order for one email to go to a Manager stating- it's ready for the next process/ review.

Any ideas? I can do it by Process, but I can't get it to trigger ONLY when ALL Processes are complete.

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @NuGen Team

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd have to add a so-called helper column or use a place somewhere else to add a formula to check when all are checked and then have that trigger the workflow.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello @Andrée Starå,

We setup the "helper" column but having a hard time with the equation. Ultimately it needs to be if these DONE Checkmarks in this DONE column are checked, make it X value, then I can tie the automation to that X value.

Any advice? THANKS!

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @NuGen Team

This formula will tell you how many rows in the Done column are checked:

=COUNTIF(Done:Done, 1)

This formula will tell you how many tasks are not blank:

=COUNTIF(Task:Task, <>"")

I hope this is how many processes you have - and if not you can adapt this to use another column, maybe the process column, although that appears to be blank in the second example.

You can then compare those two counts with an IF function that returns X if the counts are equal.

=IF(COUNTIF(Done:Done, 1) = COUNTIF(Task:Task, <>""), "X")

Hope this helps.