Using Conditional Logic in a URL Queried Pre Populated Form

Trang Turtletraxx
Trang Turtletraxx ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/13/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a URL that takes a user to the form with pre populated fields, including a new field not on the original form. The new field is a checkbox. If they check the box, I want other new fields (not included in the original form) to appear.

How do I build in conditional logic for a pre populated form using URL query strings?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You will need to build the logic into the base form.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• @Paul Newcome how would that work for users accessing the original form? They would see those fields they aren't to see until after the form has gone through intake. Do I hide the fields on the base form? But then how would I make them a appear for the 2nd form?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The conditional logic will show or hide. If you have the logic set to only show the field when a box is checked, it will remain hidden on the base form if the box is not checked and will appear in the pre-filled form if the box is checked.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• But I don't want the checkbox to appear on the base form. Only after it has gone through intake and approved. Ideally, they submit their event using the base form. When approved, and if the event is implemented, they would click the link to the prepopulated form. That is when they would see the checkbox "Has the event been implemented". If it's checked, additional fields appear for them to provide additional information. Hope that made better sense.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like you need two separate forms instead of trying to use the original.

10xViz.com