Error message: Something went wrong with Resource Management...

Options

Hi,

While updating one of our sheets, my supervisor and I continue to receive this error message: "Something went wrong with Resource Management. Please make an update to your sheet and save the changes to try syncing again."

Connecting Resource Management to a new sheet has no issues.

I am online with a good connection, as is my supervisor, and we have made changes to the sheet, saved it, and are still receiving the same error message.

Would disconnecting and reconnecting it to Resource Management solve the issue? What are the concerns with disconnecting?

I have followed the directions on this page:

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2482594-troubleshoot-rm-panel-sync

The tip on that page was to ensure the column isn't locked, and it is not locked.

"It is best practice to confirm that the Allocation in % column is unlocked and that any populating contacts in the Assigned to column are part of your Smarsheet organization and have user accounts with the same email address in Resource Management (licensed user or managed resource)."

I have submitted a support case to Smartsheet and haven't heard back yet.

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers
    Options

Frustrating! You can disconnect RM and reconnect it without causing issues. I'd try that as a reset and see if it works. You could also try deleting the project from RM and then using the panel to connect and recreate the project. However you'll lose any other custom field data etc for that project in RM.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN