Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Add Parent Link to Smart sheet/JIRA connector

Options

Currently, the Smartsheet/Jira Connector is not populating the Parent Link, as Jira moved all Epic Link into Parent Link. With Parent Link, this allows user to be able to calculate the percentage of the completion of the Epic, so anything and everything can fit under it. There is a bug or no support as smartsheet should be able to dump everything from JIRA into Smartsheet, but this one is not working.

4 votes

Available Now! · Last Updated

We have released the Parent Field within the Smartsheet Jira Connector! For Jira on-prem workflows, you can now select the Parent field (bi-directional) in addition to the Epic Link (bi-directional) and Parent Link (uni-directional) fields within the Jira Connector. For Jira Cloud workflows, as the Epic Link and Parent Link fields have been removed from Jira Cloud, these fields have been removed from the Jira Connector and the Parent field has been added to the workflow builder.

Comments

• Ssalazar25
    Options

Any updates on this?

• Grace_User
    Options

This is definitely an issue now that the Epic Link is officially retired since 2/13. This is now causing errors in our Jira-SS connector. It's as if on the SS side, you are still using the Epic Link and have not updated the Parent filter.

The Epic Link has a drop down of all of our Epics/Parents.

The Parent filter is a text box. This should map to the Epic numbers, as the Epic Link filter did previously. Please fix this!

• Grace_User
    Options

@Genevieve P. I got notification you left a comment and now I can't find it. I hope you have good news that this has been fixed?

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

We have released the Parent Field within the Smartsheet Jira Connector! You can see more details on the release here.

For Jira on-prem workflows, you can now select the Parent field (bi-directional) in addition to the Epic Link (bi-directional) and Parent Link (uni-directional) fields within the Jira Connector. For Jira Cloud workflows, as the Epic Link and Parent Link fields have been removed from Jira Cloud, these fields have been removed from the Jira Connector and the Parent field has been added to the workflow builder. 

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• Grace_User
    edited 04/16/24
    Options

@Danielle Wilson Although the Parent Link is available in the connection fields, I'm still having errors due the Filter JIRA issues. When I select the filter "Parent" it is not a drop-down like the filter "Epic Link" which has options for all the Parent/Epic Links. Because of this, my SS row is not creating a card in Jira. Same screenshots as above. Has this been updated?

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

Just in case anyone else checks here - this issue has been resolved!

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet