Calendar App question

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: how do I add a calendar view in a Dashboard?.

Answers

• Trang Turtletraxx
    Options

I have a question regarding the Calendar feature. I have read posts about doing a calendar view from a sheet, but having to publish the sheet to keep the calendar view on a dashboard.

I went a different route by going to the Calendar premium app and built a calendar view from that. The issue I'm having is when accessing through the dashboard, it asks the end user to log into Smartsheet. Is there any way around someone having to log in to view a calendar via the dashboard? Once I log in, it is the view that I want with the features I want such as filters and different calendar views that the sheet calendar view doesn't have. I have included screen shots of where I built the calendar, the login screen straight from the dashboard requesting the user to log in and the various calendar views the premium app has that I'd like to keep with the dashboard widget of the meeting calendar.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @Trang Turtletraxx

Instead of embedding the direct link to the Calendar, try Publishing the Calendar and use that URL in your Web Content Widget instead! 🙂

Here's more information: Make changes to an existing calendar in your Calendar App

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Trang Turtletraxx
    Options

@Genevieve P. You're the best! Thank you so much!

• Tim Starkey
    Tim Starkey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P. - I have a similar issue. Calendar App view embedded on a team dashboard. All employees have permission to this Calendar App view. But it always asks them to login. I am open to try and publish it, but not clear on what the security is when published.

When it is set to publish, is it truly public, even outside our organization?

I am guessing the chances are slim that someone would stumble across the calendar, since they would need a smartsheet account, and this guess the trillion possible links. But, some of the calendars we are considering may have confidential info... just trying to make the experience simpler, and avoid the second login request.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Tim Starkey

Yes, published links can be shared to anyone, meaning if someone had access to that URL they could see that content (even if they are outside your organization).

You are also correct that someone would need to guess the Published URL to see the Calendar unless you directly gave them that link.