Happy New Year: Community Corner Newsletter [January 2024]

Options
Alison Clancy
Alison Clancy Employee Admin

Wow, what a full circle moment since I authored the first Community Corner newsletter EVER back in March of 2023! Now, we’re in a brand new year, and I’m so excited to start things off with a bang as we look back before we charge forward. Thanks to @Marcela for doing great work in the December issue

Remember to scroll all the way to the bottom where I’ll share one of my favorite accomplishments from 2023, but in the meantime, let’s dive into all things Smartsheet Community. ⬇️

---

Community highlights

Help us welcome some of our newest Member introductions in Show & Tell or look through the Trending section for more ways to connect.

Say hello to these Community Members 👋🏻

1. @Chemi Pérez here
  2. @Haley Inman here
  3. @keith.mui here
  4. @Tarita Miller here

You can find more new members and say hello here.

Submit your ideas & feature requests to have them reviewed by the Product Team!

---

Community updates

In Case You Missed It (ICYMI)

January Question of the Month

Share your answer by January 31

New Subtopic: Member Spotlight

Get to know outstanding members of the Community

The Community Party is coming!

Save the Date

Smartsheet named a Leader in the Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Collaborative Work Management

Learn why

---

Pass the mic 🎤 Community Champions

Community Champions are members who demonstrate product expertise and generosity in sharing best practices and support with others on the platform.

"Don't struggle alone if you are stuck with something. There is a whole community who wants to help, for Smartsheet and for life."

- @Cherise Reguero, Director of Operations at Alluvionic, Inc.

Member Appreciation

See Activity feed for more

This month's leaderboard

1. @Heidi Crist
  2. @KarenTF
  3. @doc_ops
  4. @Eckh1
  5. @Kelly Dawson

Member spotlight

@Nick Burrus Here

---

Overachiever's Motivation Mix

The Smartsheet Overachievers are here to give you the songs that will keep you going and keep you achieving! Here’s what’s on the playlist right now.

Jessie Ware, “Pearls”

“On ‘Pearls,’ not only does Jessie Ware's voice soar, but the crisp disco drums, tight bassline and ascending instrumentation all fly together to make my head waggle and my tail wave. No matter where I'm at or how many folks are around me, I bust loose every time the chorus hits!”

- @Kyle Chipman, Chief Process Officer at Chipman Design Architecture 

Bonus note: Kyle also uses Smartsheet to index his physical media collection, including vinyl, DVDs, and games. 🙌

---

More about me

You made it to the end of the newsletter! Before you go, I’d love to share with you one of my favorite achievements of 2023.

I live in San Diego, California, where we’re spoiled with amazing hikes and nature. For so long, I had wanted to try the Three Sisters Falls hike, but avoided it because it had the reputation of being extremely challenging. It’s only just over 4 miles, but declines on the way to gorgeous waterfalls. This means the way back is one brutally steep incline with no shade and scalding temperatures most months. Just in 2023 alone, there were 24 helicopter or medical rescues!

Happy to report that I finally decided to go for it in November. We got lost on the way there, adding hours to our travel time. I ran out of both water bottles I brought, and I got so dizzy during the last 30 minutes that I thought I’d have to give up. Took a lot of grit - but I did it! And I can’t wait to NEVER do it again. 🤣

The next time you feel like you’re stuck, whether it’s on a trail or while building a formula, remember that you’re not alone. On my hike, my friend Lynnea was an awesome supporter, and I hope that’s what you find here. Cheers to figuring it out together in Community! 

---

Give us your feedback

Have ideas for the next Community Corner? Leave your thoughts in the comments! 

Note: Unfollow this Topic if you'd no longer like to receive alerts. We'll miss you!

Comments