Getting trigger itself error in Smartsheet

Kaveri Vipat
Kaveri Vipat ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello Everyone,

I hope you had a great New Year!

I have one (Source) sheet in which data is coming from Google sheet through data mesh and based on certain conditions it will transfer to the specific sheet.

Once the data is added to the sheet and the team feels the information should be on another sheet I have provided a checkbox so once the checkbox is checked the row moves to the main source sheet from there it moves to another sheet with the same process, due to this getting trigger itself error. Can you suggest what process should I follow to avoid this error?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,

Kaveri Vipat

Senior Associate - Smartsheet Development, Ignatiuz Software

2023 Core Product Certified

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful💡" or "Awesome❤️" and "Vote Up⬆️"

Answers

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kaveri Vipat Instead of routing the row back to the SOURCE sheet, why not route it directly to the next sheet?

If there is more work to be done in SOURCE after SHEET1, then include additional conditions in the SOURCE automation for the move to SHEET1 and SHEET2. For example, if TASK1 will only be performed in SHEET1, then the conditions for routing to SHEET1 will include "TASK1 is not one of Done" to whatever else you have. And the conditions for routing to SHEET2 will include "TASK1 is one of Done".

Alternatively, if the sheets have the same columns, then you can use reports to expose only the columns that team members need to complete their tasks. Formerly SHEET1 tasks can be done in REPORT1, and SHEET2 tasks in REPORT2.

You can configure an automation to run at a certain time of the day, too.