Repeated Task

Options
CJU
CJU ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 01/18/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello all you wonderful SmartSheet users

I am trying to find a way to represent a repeated task and the associated information (Start /finish Dates, Status, % complete) from the first time this task is completed.

i.e. I have a drawing and its associated sub tasks. This drawing is a sub-task in a later drawing. As such, I have a sub task in this later drawing - but it's just a sub task. SmartSheet doesn't know its the same task that was completed previously, so it doesn't pull the associated data (as above).

Is there anyway to directly link this sub task to the initial one, so SmartSheet knows they are the same?

Answers

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Options

Could you use cell formulas to pull this data from the drawing task above?

• CJU
    CJU ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/23/24
    Options

Hi Julie

I am less concerned about the dates than the % complete. Using predecessor as FF; the repeated task has the same end date as when it that task first appeared. Smartsheet still however thinks it is a new task, just with same end date.

I would like SmartSheet to know this is exactly the same task as was previously completed so all related data - especially % complete, would update automatically in every instance the task is repeated.

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Options

You could cell link the % complete also, but you're correct, there isn't a way for Smartsheet to consider it the same task.