How to send alerts with link to the sheet WITHOUT sharing changes?

I have a smartsheet that includes automation to alert users when the sheet is updated. We want for emails this triggers to include a link to the sheet, as most users won't work primarily from smartsheet, but we cannot allow users to see the email address of the user who made the change for security reasons, and therefor want to hide the changes within the message (viewing the changes within smartsheet shows the users name instead of the contact email). I see an option to remove displayed changes from the alert but this seems to also remove the link to the sheet.

Is there a way to keep the link to the sheet without including the changes? I tried to see if a placeholder could be used for a field that contains the sheet's URL but I couldn't find a way to make that work either.

Answers

• John_Foster
    John_Foster ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ritzbitz00,

I needed to do the same, so I added a link to the sheet within the message body in the automation as below.

When the message was received it looked like this.

The only down side is that you cannot make the URL look friendly by having the ability to set the display text.

Hope this helps!

John