Expired Assets - Workflow

Options

Use Case

We have assets where the usage has expired, and in BF they are marked as expired. My team though (guest users) need to see these assets at any time. They will review and determine is we should license again.

How do agencies go about enabling this? This is a really important need for us.

Also is there an automation that can be created based upon a custom tag to expire the assets and send out a notification?

Answers

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @John Seput,

One option would be to create a Collection specifically for reviewing the expired assets, and have your team be Collaborators only on that Collection. You could create an automation that once a tag (for example: "Expired - Needs Review") is added to an asset, it goes to that Collection. This way, your team are still Guests users at the level where the assets currently live, but they have the ability to review the expired assets in that one place to determine if they should be Licensed again.

Regarding your second question, there currently isn't a way to set up an automation based on expired assets to send out a notification. You can share this idea on the Smartsheet Product Feedback & Ideas topic so members can vote on it for more visibility!

If I can help you with anything else, please let me know.