Automated Email Format / Content

Options

Hi there, I’m working on an automated email that I need to go to stakeholders once per month and cannot get to work. In short, I want a monthly series of emails to go out from a sheet. It should be one email per customer’s data rows, but the email goes directly to the salesperson (Contact column) and has *all* rows for that customer, and only that one customer in the email.

An example: For the list in the image below, on the first of the month, I want automated emails to go out in this way:

- John to receive 2 emails, one email with the 3 Apex rows, and a separate email with the Kingdom row

- Sally to receive 3 emails, one with the Stars rows, one the Vertex row, one with the Horizon row

I also want the salesperson to be able to respond in the Notes field by using the automated email.

Note that there may be up to 50 rows for a customer, and I want all those rows to fit in that single email by customer to the salesperson. The Customer does not have access to the sheet (and won't ever).

The benefit to the salesperson is that they could either respond, or, if wanted, forward the email as-is to someone else, without having to download from a report or sheet.

Thoughts on how to do this?

Best Answer

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

First of all, I would definitely send Update Requests since you want them to be able to edit the Notes column. Just be sure to lock any columns you want them to view in the update request, but not edit.

Here's one idea for the workflow. It will require manual intervention if you add new Customers to this sheet, so that's something to keep in mind. I set up separate condition paths so that it will group the notifications by Customer per your request.

Answers

• Julie Fortney
    Julie Fortney Overachievers
    Answer ✓
    Options

First of all, I would definitely send Update Requests since you want them to be able to edit the Notes column. Just be sure to lock any columns you want them to view in the update request, but not edit.

Here's one idea for the workflow. It will require manual intervention if you add new Customers to this sheet, so that's something to keep in mind. I set up separate condition paths so that it will group the notifications by Customer per your request.

• Alex888
    Alex888 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks - I really appreciate this!