Record a Date - Formula Issue

diana_y
diana_y
edited 01/31/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a known issue with the Record a Date automation where, if the triggering action is created by a formula, the automation doesn't work?

Context: I have a Record a Date automation set to run in the "Event Complete Date" column as soon as the "Event Achieved?" column changes to "Yes"

• "Event Complete Date" is a Date column
  • "Event Achieved?" is a Dropdown column with Yes and No, and is populated by a formula
  • Relevant part of the formula is: IF([Mileage Completed]@row >= [Event Mileage Number]@row, "Yes"

This workflow has never functioned correctly when the formula has changed the cell's value, but has worked when I've manually changed the cell value. I've deleted and re-created the workflow multiple times.

Hoping this isn't a formula issue as I'd rather not populate the dates manually like I have been. Thanks!

Tags:

Answers

• What is the entire formula? and how are the fields [Mileage Completed] and [Event Mileage Number] populated?

• diana_y
    diana_y
    edited 02/02/24

The whole formula is:

=IFERROR(IF([Mileage Completed]@row >= [Event Mileage Number]@row, "Yes", IF([Pair Mileage]@row >= [Event Mileage Number]@row, "Yes", "No")), "Error: No data")

None of it is relevant since the only scenario where the cell is becoming "Yes" at the moment is the part I pasted initially.

Mileage Completed and Event Mileage Number are both calculated from formulas.