Is there a feature to set a default starting row when opening a sheet?

Options

Hello. I maintain a tracking sheet where new row entries flow in via a form. The most recent entries go to the bottom of the sheet. It is not efficient to have to scroll to the bottom every time we open the sheet. Is there a feature to set a default starting row when opening a sheet?

Answers

• Nick Pistotti
    Options

Hello! In order to change this, edit the form and click the settings tab. This is a setting that you are able to toggle

• thcopple
    Options

Hello Nick. Thank you for responding to my question. Sorry I didn't explain my issue properly. Currently I have the the setting at 'New submission set to the bottom of the sheet', as you showed above; however the problem that is creating is every time my team opens the sheet the sheet itself opens at row 1 and we have to scroll down to row 200 or whatever row was last entered to see the latest entry. I would like my Smartsheet to open at row 200 or whatever line was just entered not at row 1. Does that make sense?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @thcopple

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@thcopple have you tried creating a report from the sheet? you could do that and sort the report to show newest to oldest based upon the "Created" Date column or which ever date column you use. You can also create additional reports to look identical to the main sheet with filters for your team to only view entries related to their needs etc..

Thats what i would do.

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️