Same subtasks for all projects..

rgill91
rgill91
edited 02/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi all, I'm new here, so sorry if the question's been asked before and I couldn't find the answer, but:

I work on multiple projects at once, and they typically have the same group of tasks for each (I work in communications, and for every event (/project) I draft the same suite of products, and they get approved in the same order, by the same people).

Is there a way to automatically add the list of tasks and subtasks as soon as I add a new event?

Also, as a part of that, I'd like to be able to backtrack my deadlines (ex. if event is X date, then it needs to be with the final approvers -5 days before, and with the second-last approver -7 days before, etc.) without having to do it manually every time I have a new event to work on.

TL;DR: I'd like to be able to create a new project/event/announcement with due date, and have all the tasks/subtasks automatically populate underneath, with the deadlines I've already set out.

Thank you!

Answers

• RickyT
    RickyT ✭✭✭✭✭

You might have some luck if you turn your sheet into a template that you can use every time you have a new project.

For the second part of your question you can make automatons that remind you -7/-5 days before the event. If you make these automatons before your templatize your sheet they will carry over.

Ricky T

Gov Contractor for USSF