Best practice of Automations maintenance

Options

I've been using a sheet for customer support purposes, which is shared with multiple regions and groups. In the course of trial and error, we've created many workflows. As we didn't delete any, there are 13 Active and 14 Inactive workflows. Which is recommended to keep Inactive workflows or delete them? I'd like to know the best practice.

Tags:

Best Answer

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think it depends on a number of factors. However, I tend to ask myself the following questions when determining whether to delete automations that are currently inactive:

1. Is there potential for my team to use this automation in the future?
    2. Is there another workflow that accomplishes the same thing better?

In general, if you have no use for automations, though it doesn't impact the function of your sheet, I find deleting them makes it easier to navigate your active automations and make updates as needed.

Hope this helps!:)

Answers

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think it depends on a number of factors. However, I tend to ask myself the following questions when determining whether to delete automations that are currently inactive:

1. Is there potential for my team to use this automation in the future?
    2. Is there another workflow that accomplishes the same thing better?

In general, if you have no use for automations, though it doesn't impact the function of your sheet, I find deleting them makes it easier to navigate your active automations and make updates as needed.

Hope this helps!:)

• Sachiko Kagami
    Options

Thank you for your advice.

We kept inactive workflows for the exact reason you stated as #1. However we inactivated some of them because of conflicts with the other workflows.

I'll clean up the workflows by deleting inactive ones.