Portfolio WorkApps Role Permissions

Meg Y
Meg Y ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 02/19/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

Is there a way to keep Portfolio WorkApps Roles and Permissions stable when updating BP versions?

The BP name didn't change just the version. I noticed it because when a project was provisioned all the assets disappeared. After I setup the BP the assets reappeared and are hidden again.

Meg Young
mmyoungconsulting@gmail.com

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi - I hope that you are Doing good !!

Portfolio WorkApps roles and permissions are tied to the specific Blueprint (BP) version. 

When you update the Blueprint version, the roles and permissions associated with the previous version may not carry over automatically to the new version. 

This may endup in assets disappearing or permissions being reset when provisioning projects using the updated Blueprint

Double check that roles and permissions remain stable when updating Blueprint versions in Portfolio WorkApps.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

Answers

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi - I hope that you are Doing good !!

Portfolio WorkApps roles and permissions are tied to the specific Blueprint (BP) version. 

When you update the Blueprint version, the roles and permissions associated with the previous version may not carry over automatically to the new version. 

This may endup in assets disappearing or permissions being reset when provisioning projects using the updated Blueprint

Double check that roles and permissions remain stable when updating Blueprint versions in Portfolio WorkApps.

Hope this helps

Thank you very much and have a fantastic day!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader