Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Provide list of managed references while editing / creating a formula

Options

When writing a formula where I need to use cross sheet references, I would love to have a list of the already created references on my sheet be available when I select "Reference Another Sheet". It could just be access to the already existent "manage references" list or could be divided based on the sheet that is being referenced.

Ultimately, I want to insert a cross sheet reference by clicking on a reference I've already created instead of having to load the source sheet and scroll to the correct column each time.

Tags:
4 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• heyjay
    heyjay ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I normally use a very short, easy to remember, and descriptive Sheet Refence name so I can easily type them as I create my formula. _Data _Name etc. But yes I also like your recommendation.

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers
    Options

I agree with heyjay on naming cross sheet references in an easy to remember format, so you can easily remember the reference name for future formulas.

But If you are looking for a an easy to access dropdown list of references you have already created, then yes that's a great idea.

• Shawna Roskos
    Options

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, I try to keep my references concise and clear, but I have had a couple sheets with 20+ references. With so many to keep track of, I felt like having a list would be the easiest way to add them into formulas.