Dynamic Drop-Down lists / Validation

Hi Guys,

I am a new Smartsheet user.

I have a Product Inventory sheet that contains prices etc for individual Products that we carry.

I also have a sheet that contains customer orders. This Customer Order sheet has multiple product columns [Product 1] to [Product 6] as an order may have more than one product associated with it. These six Product columns are Drop- Down lists.

My current issue is that when we add a new Product to our system I must add the control record to our Products sheet with all of its associated details, and then also add the new Product to the 6 individual drop-down lists contained within the Customer Order sheet.

Forms are used to add Customer Orders, and hence restrict Product codes to the valid products contained in the drop-down lists.

Is there a way to dynamically build the drop-down product lists using distinct values from the main Product Inventory sheet, or is there a way to use formulas on a form so that the input form field will check to see if the product entered against our Product Inventory sheet?

Thanks

George

Answers

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭

You have two options, but dynamic view from Smartsheet for a billion dollars or buy a third party add on https://ddupdate.com/ for $3-10 a month.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @George Manolas

I hope you're well and safe!

How many products do you have, and how many groups? (I'd like to see if the Form Logic feature is viable.)

• I recently developed a solution for a client where the Dropdown lists are kept updated from one master sheet using the premium app Data Shuttle.

Do you have access to it?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå

We are a new user of Smartsheet with a Smartsheet Business plan, no additional products like Data Shuttle.

It appears that the ability to dynamically build drop-down lists is not available in Smartsheet. I certainly hope this is something that they are looking at including in future enhancements.

Do you recommend us purchasing a Data Shuttle license? We are only a small organisation with 3 licensed users.

Do you know anything about ddupdate.com that has also been suggested in the comments above?

thanks