SLA Calculation Strategy

Options

Background: There are four (4) SLA priorities in the Ticketing intake:

Critical = 4 hours: High = 8 Hours: Medium = 24 hours: Low = 48 Hours

Using the Created Date (including both Date and Time) I need to create the Planned SLA Finish for each ticket.

SLA Plan is expressed in Hours

This needs to also be a Date and Time field as it will be used to track whether the Help Desk is meeting SLA, validated against the Modified field.

=DATEONLY(LEFT(Created@row, 9), (TIME(RIGHT(Created@row, 8)) + [SLA Plan] * 60)

Just for information, the time component of the calculation works standing alone it is when I add the date component that it falls apart. So what am I doing wrong?

Answers

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I don't recommend using the modified field as a reference point for end time, because a lot of times the modified column changes all cells in the sheet (for instance if somebody views the sheet in a different time zone, or sometimes smartsheet just randomly changes the time zone itself). There are work arounds for this, though a bit complicated.

The formula you provided does not contain a range for [SLA Plan], I assume you'd like to use @row?

=DATEONLY(LEFT(Created@row, 9), (TIME(RIGHT(Created@row, 8)) + [SLA Plan]@row * 60)

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

• LDLValentine
    LDLValentine ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Jacob, yes the @row is necessary isn't it? I am still getting the same #Incorrect Argument Set though even with the correction.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!