Viewing more fully the Gantt chart and Exporting Gantt to Excel

1. Is there a way to hide the task columns more and more easily see the whole Gantt chart instead? Currently you only see a portion of the Gantt chart and cannot fully hide the task columns and that is a challenge when trying to review with clients who want to see the Gantt view.
  2. Is there a way to export the Gantt chart view to Excel so it shows the timeline view in Excel and not just the task view? This is also important to the client and currently I do not see a way to do that.

Thank you.

Answers

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Don't export to Excel, that's silly.

The bar between the Gantt and grid is slide-able, you can just drag it left.

• Hi @clemar

I agree that you can drag the Gantt closer to the left to show more! You can go as far as the left edge of the left-most column:

Although I would suggest keeping one column visible:

Currently Smartsheet sheets export to Excel as grid data. You would need to adjust your Excel view after the export to configure it how you'd like.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• This is a valid question and a feature I would like to see. Gantt charts are not just used in a linear format. They are also used vertically to summarize costs and resources.

In this example from a PMP textbook from UC Irvine, the resources are tallied in each column to aid in scheduling and budgeting. I can't find a way to do this in SmartSheet other than to scroll up & down and left & right and enter what I see manually into another spreadsheet. And then using SmartSheet was a waste of my time because I couldn't use it as a planning tool for my project.