What is the best way to pull data from a sheet to create an acknowledgement receipt?

Sara Ross
Sara Ross ✭✭✭✭✭

My organization receives public records requests submitted through a Smartsheet form. Besides the automatic response generated by Smartsheet immediately following submission, we would like to provide an additional acknowledgment to the requestor that includes some of the data from the source sheet (but not all) along with some supplementary text not found on the sheet; e.g., the ID number assigned to the request, anticipated fulfillment date, records requested, government code language, etc. I'm looking for guidance on what would be the best/most efficient way to create this acknowledgement to email to the requestor.

I've experimented with using the row function to 'generate documents', but find the formatting options lacking. I could link the data to another sheet and use the 'send as attachment' row function, but don't like the limited ability to customize.

I'd like to know if there are any other available options and hopefully get some insight from more experienced users on which choice fits best for this purpose.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Answers