Gant Chart - How can we track the planned versus actual LAG days?

Options

Hello Everyone, I appreciate any help on this topic.

I am starting a study of our construction efficiency looking at our last 30 projects. One of the data points we are digging into is our "planned" LAG days between certain trade partners. (LAG days are inside of our defined working days, and do not include non-working days, or holidays)

We typically do this by adding days into the Predecessors column. (row 29+2)

My questions are;

1. Can we set this up at the beginning of a project, and see how many LAG days are planned? At the end of the project, how many were used?
  2. Is there an easy way to run a sheet report on working days that are not scheduled?
  3. If this cant be done with a formula approach, is my only option to add row with Lag in the title, or LAG as a trade partner and pull this information through reports?

If anyone is doing this, I would love to hear your strategy for collecting this info. Thank you so much!

Jef

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @Jef Forward

Based on your description, I would agree that number 3 is the best way to keep track of these days. If you have something on the row that indicates the type of task (e.g. the word "Lag") then you can calculate how many are planned, how many are set as "Complete", have a Report, etc.

Reports can only filter and show rows that exist in the sheet, so there isn't a way to show the dates that aren't selected. Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Jef Forward
    Jef Forward ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you, Genevive; I really appreciate it.