Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Multiple File Upload Fields on Forms

It would be helpful to have the option for multiple file upload fields in forms, for example for photos, so that they could be associated with particular responses and not grouped together.

49 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

While we can't yet provide a timeline for release, we agree attaching multiple files to a form would be very helpful - that's why it's in our future plans! We'll update this thread as availability nears.

Comments

• Matt D.
    Matt D. ✭✭
    edited 09/22/23

Need the ability to add an image when filling out a form, and having that image associated with that row in the sheet.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. It really would help with surveys

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Kari G
    Kari G ✭✭✭✭

We need this option for job applications in the medical field, we need copies of resume, RN license, RT license, physician license, and any other medical certifications and licenses'.

• JDallas
    JDallas ✭✭
    edited 01/15/24

It's obviously possible - look at this link to a smart sheet form that allows multiple attachment uploads... I just don't know how to do it and surprisingly can't find any helpful YouTube videos about it. It's driving me nuts.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/739aa75f30ca43a8a22eb53e4da7d409

• Hey @JDallas

Yes! You can upload multiple attachments into the same field, however I believe this request is to have multiple, separate attachment sections under different headers/explanations.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• TVP ALAN
    TVP ALAN ✭✭
    edited 01/23/24

Hallo we are a transport company and i want to create a checklist for our drivers in Smartsheet

So for example i have some multiple questions where we after the answer yes or no, will ask for photo. But when i create a form we only have the possibly to add file upload 1 time ... Can you make that unlimited ?

Thanks

• Hopefully you add a field type "attachment" where we can easily upload relevant document to a field/ question (when in Form). This is specially helpful when we are tracking several certificate or insurance (workers compensation, public liability, professional imdemnity, etc.) and their validity. This will help us ensure that we can send automated notification when these documents are near expiration or expired. This will also ensure that we have all the needed documents as we will set this as a required field in our Smartsheet Form. If we only have 1 attachment field, they may only upload 1 document instead of 3 that are required. Please have this update.

• I have a form with different logic depending on the requestor, however, I am only allowed one upload field for the whole form, and what I need uploaded from each request type varies according to the requestor, so absolutely bananas to me that I can't have a different upload field per request type. Please add this!!

• jeff.lester
    edited 05/13/24

I've seen a couple of people request this, but wanted to add to this. We have a large project that's heavily dependent on franchise interaction to give us info. We have the upload photo function for the franchisees to submit their forms, but we lack the ability to upload example photos to the form the end users see. This has caused extra time coaching the end user on what exactly we're looking for when it could be as simple as containing a couple of photo examples as they review. Would love this feature to be added to the Smartsheet forms.

• virgh
    virgh ✭✭✭✭✭

In several of our Forms, we want the option to insert "Upload your Excel file here" followed by "Upload your PDF here" and "Upload your Word document here" as choices for file upload boxes as many times as we wish. Some forms need 1 excel and 2 pdf and 1 word doc, while others may be 2 pdf and 1 word doc, etc. and it would be nice to call them out separately on each form. Because I could require the Excel doc for some requests but not others, while the PDF might be optional, etc. Hope that makes sense.

Virginia C. Hire Damrauer

• Boris Djordjevic
    Boris Djordjevic ✭✭✭
    edited 06/07/24

I would like to have that option too.

• CTops
    CTops ✭✭✭✭

I would also like a way to upload photos for evidence against a particular column and I have been trying various routes to this for many months now - we have everything on smartsheet except this one form - we have had to buy an external app in order to get the functionality we need which relies on employees remembering to upload the information and then manually insert screenshots into cells in smartsheet. If there was the ability to upload a photo directly into a cell and tag an upload with information we would be popping Champagne!!

• John Booth
    John Booth ✭✭✭

Hi we add photos by using the mobile view on site. if you create a column for photos in your sheet then tick this field in your mobile view settings you can upload directly into the sheet instead of an attachement.

• aek1187
    aek1187
    edited 08/07/24

Hi - Can the feature/option for Multiple File Upload Fields in a form be added? This will allow correct documents to be added based on the logic created & order of form.