Customization of Default Phrases in various areas

Options
David Cromer
David Cromer ✭✭
edited 03/08/24 in Smartsheet Basics

For vaious methods of communication, Smartsheet has default pre-populated messages: SEND, SEND UPDATE REQUEST, and others.

Is there a way for us to customize these pre-populated messages - highlighted on the screenshot (and any other pre-populated verbiage)? So they are automatically pre-populated with our message?

Answers

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

You can use Request an update. Here you can insert any Subject line and content of the message. Also you can decide if the message is sent by SmartSheet automation of from the users account and include any fields from the Sheet.

Best,

Beata

• David Cromer
    Options

Thank you for taking the time to provide a response to my question, Beata! Very much appreciate the Community collaboration here.

I do already utilize the Send Update Request and the Send Update options. Was hoping to be able to have some custom verbiage pre-loaded for our main use-case. Something to have as a permanent replacement for what I've struck-out in red (Part of that is the auto-populated sheet name, which isn't always needed):

• David Cromer
    Options

To add, I also have automations for the Update requests / whereby the message pulls in cell data. We do a lot of 'on-the-spot' manual communication hitting the 3-dots to create a new message and send it to the Row stakeholder. Those instances are where this might help. But I don't think this would be feasible for SS. Maybe a way to hav the Subject and Body completely blank would be ok as well.

Dave