Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

User-Created Dashboard Color Schemes

Options
meagans
meagans ✭✭✭✭

Our team would find it immensely useful to build a dashboard theme (choosing font face, font size, colors) from scratch. We strive for cohesive branding on things we build and being able to change the entire look and feel of a dashboard with just a few clicks would save us a lot of time.

Meagan Struman ⚡️

26 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

It's great to see how you're using Dashboard Themes! We are planning to expand this functionality to custom themes down the line. While we don't have an ETA for this release, please keep posting your comments below explaining how you would use this feature.

Comments

• earl_bennett
    earl_bennett ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Provide ability to import custom colors into your dashboard that align with corporate branding.

Possibly via a CSV file or text string such as #FA4C30,#000000,#B5BFC9,#FD90FF,#FF005C,#FF8937,#DD0002,#5A003A,#003BD3,#00BC00

Thanks,

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 04/12/24
    Options

Hi @earl_bennett

You can add custom colours to a Dashboard already!

Once you've added a colour to a widget, it will be available to select in all the other widgets on that Dashboard. Here's a webinar on the feature: Upgrade Your Dashboards with a New Look, Custom Colors, & More

If I've misunderstood your request, could you explain a little further?

Thanks!

Genevieve

• earl_bennett
    earl_bennett ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/12/24
    Options

My description of the request wasn't very good.

It would be really convenient if you could import your custom color pallet globally so it's available on all dashboards, highlights, etc.

Thanks,

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 04/12/24
    Options

Thank you for clarifying!

• earl_bennett
    earl_bennett ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/12/24
    Options

Just to give you more insight.

We have 10 custom colors in or corporate brand. I'm currently re-branding our intake dashboard which has 9 metric widgets across the top that open other dashboards with details regarding the represented data. So I'll have to manually enter our color codes 100 times, and this is only for our intake reporting, I also have our portfolio reporting and X number of other dashboards and reports to update.

Very painful.

We are an enterprise level customer and having an enterprise level color pallet would beneficial.

• Austin Gillitzer
    Austin Gillitzer ✭✭✭
    edited 04/12/24
    Options

I upvote this idea. It is an agonizing process to add corporate brand colors to each dashboard when a new dashboard is created. I hope Smartsheet has taken this issue into consideration for version updates.

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This idea of themes was announce as upcoming for 2 years in a row at ENGAGE, and 2 years ago at the innovation/idea lab area it was said there would be a phased roll-out which would include giving the user the ability to create their own themes.