Smartsheet Docusign integration

Options

Hi All,

I'm looking for a little advice. I want to set up a smartsheet automation that sends a docusign form once a specific field is sent in.

I know I can make the signers based on fields on a smartsheet but can I have docusign fields filled in based on columns of the smartsheet. Basically I'm gathering necessary data and then using Docusign to sign off on some of that data. I'm doing this since I can't begin the Smartsheet until we have info on the signers which I'm getting from the student and from a mental flow issue it works better if we ask all the questions at once.

So for instance lets say I set up a smartsheet column "Hours attended" I set up the docusign integration. Can I have that field prefilled in Docusign so the student doesn't have to reprovide the data again? Then can we have have it updated based on what is in Docusign.

I'm mainly checking to see if theoretically possible to do though if someone knows if there is a really easy way to do it I wouldn't be apposed. If it matters I have an Enterprise license.

Tags:

Best Answer

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @BillyBossier

Yes, you can. You will first create the template of the Document with fillable fields in DocuSign. Once you have that, in Smartsheet, you can select any row and click on Generate Document and follow the steps to link your DocuSign account and map the fields from Smartsheet to the fillable fields in your DocuSign template. Once done, you can trigger the document generation manually or through automation for the fields to be populated and for the document to be generated in DocuSign and sent automatically.

Thanks,

Aravind

Reach out for any help on licenses, configuration, or training

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @BillyBossier

Yes, you can. You will first create the template of the Document with fillable fields in DocuSign. Once you have that, in Smartsheet, you can select any row and click on Generate Document and follow the steps to link your DocuSign account and map the fields from Smartsheet to the fillable fields in your DocuSign template. Once done, you can trigger the document generation manually or through automation for the fields to be populated and for the document to be generated in DocuSign and sent automatically.

Thanks,

Aravind

Reach out for any help on licenses, configuration, or training