Be aware of upcoming changes to your Smartsheet login options

Options
12346»

Answers

• Dan Britton
    Dan Britton ✭✭✭
    Options

@Lekshmi Unnithan - That worked, and definitely answers my question. Thank you again for going above and beyond to help me adapt my code to the upcoming login changes. Most appreciated!

• BigAl
    BigAl ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I am following all of these discussiosn and I am thankful for all the questions and answers in this post.

Following on some of the discussions I would like to ask the following:

So far internally we force our users to login with "Microsoft" button and SSO, however there is no possibilty to technically only allow this option.

Reason is that we also have many external users, which we do not have in our AD/Azure and therefore we need also the User / Password option.

Four questions:

1. Is there any chance to seperate internal (e.g. with domains) and external users, so that ONLY external users get the information regarding OTP. All of our internal users will be confused as they are not allowed to user user/password any longer when they would get a centrally sent mail.
    2. If I understand correctly as having Enterprise plan there will be the option to NOT use OTP. Is there a link to the user / password topic and if yes: How?
    3. Regarding OTP: Would it not make sense / is it technically possible to change the OTP that it is not necessary with every login (after 19hours) but for example not to ask for a login with user / password for e.g. 60 days as it is done by Microsoft M365. One request for every loging and then wait for an email login will really cause big discussions in our company.
    4. When will there be a finalized timeline regarding this topic including future possible improvements.

Thanks for your help.

Alex

• Patti Aha
    Options

So, since the ability to control this is for Enterprise level customers only, should I understand that SmartSheet does not value its smaller customers? Are you trying to usher us out the door ? I predict that this change will be disastrous for user engagement at my small organization. I had hoped to use SSO as a work around, but wait - that's also only for Enterprise-level customers. I've been a SmartSheet customer since 2014 and am very disappointed. There should not be a "tax" to control security on the application.

• Joanna C.
    Joanna C. ✭✭✭
    Options

My organization does not want TOTP enabled at all. Is there a way to disable TOTP prior to Smartsheet's May 30, 2024 release? If not, will we be able to disable it once it does launch?