Automation not triggering

I have two automation's that don't seem to be triggering.

The first is when a row is added to the sheet, but the Assigned To column is left blank, the Status column should change to not started.

The other is when the Done box is checked, the Status box should change to completed.

Any Ideas on what I;m doing wrong? There are no formula's on this sheet at all and the only automation I have that could be interfering with the ones above is the one that moves a completed task to the archive sheet.

Here is my sheet for reference:

Answers

• Jaime Ciabattoni
    Jaime Ciabattoni ✭✭✭✭✭

@Galadriel975,

It may just be a delay between when it's entered and when the workflow triggers. I found I sometimes need to save and refresh my sheet before I see the changes like this take place. Did you try this?

Some other thoughts:

For your "Not Started" workflow, by any chance is the entry onto the sheet coming from a form? If so, you could hide the Status field in the form fields and set the default value to "Not Started".

For the "Task Completion" workflow, maybe try changing the Trigger to only "When rows are changed" verses "When rows are added or changed" like you have now. Maybe it's just being glitchy.

I hope you can get it figured out!

~Jaime