Duplicate sheet/form/automation

Hello,

I developed a form to submit data. There is of course a sheet and I also defined some automation.

The form has all the labels in Italian and I read that there is not an easy way to dynamically change the labels in different languages depending on a selection at the beginning of the form.

I therefore want to make a copy of everything and just do the label translation. Is there an easy way to do that. I would really hate to rebuild from scratch everything for each language.

Thanks

Regards

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@sjoe

You're more than welcome!

Ok.

Here's how.

Select save as new in the file menu, and then ensure you select the options as needed.

Did that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @SJOE

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's how you can duplicate a form.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hello Andrée,

thanks for the answer. I tried it already, but when I go in the duplicated copy and I change for example a dropdown menu list, it changes also the original.

For example in the original form I have a selection asking "who are you" with 4 possible choices (agente, cliente, area manager, ufficio), if in the duplicated copy I change the 4 choices to : sales agent, customer, area manager, headquarter) also the original form is changed. and I don't want that.

Regards

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/13/24

@SJOE

Happy to help!

You would have to add specific columns for the different languages or have them on separate sheets.

Make sense?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Hello Andrèe,

thanks, it is clear that I need to have separate sheets and this brings me to my original question.

Is there an easy way to copy everything without building it from scratch?

Thanks

Regards

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@sjoe

You're more than welcome!

Ok.

Here's how.

Select save as new in the file menu, and then ensure you select the options as needed.

Did that work/help?