#UNPARSEABLE error in COUNTIF formula with OR function

Options

Hello,

I am unsure why this formula is returning #UNPARSEABLE.

=COUNTIFS({Task List - Texas Projects FND Prepare}, @cell = Name@row, OR(({Task List - Texas Projects Agent Status}, @cell = "Red"), ({Task List - Texas Projects PM Status}, @cell = "Red")))

It is supposed to count the number of times a name in the "FND prepare" column matches the referenced name on the sheet, where either the "Agent Status" or "PM Status" columns are red (indicating corrections need to be made). I can get the below (less complex) formula to work no problem, but when I try several variations of the above all of them return errors.

=COUNTIFS({Task List - Texas Projects FND Prepare}, @cell = Name@row, {Task List - Texas Projects Agent Status}, @cell = "Red")

Also attached is a screenshot for reference

Answers

• JamesB
    JamesB ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PinnCason Looks like you have to many parentheses in your OR argument.

Try this...

=COUNTIFS({Task List - Texas Projects FND Prepare}, @cell = Name@row, OR({Task List - Texas Projects Agent Status}, @cell = "Red", {Task List - Texas Projects PM Status}, @cell = "Red"))

• PinnCason
    Options

Hello @JamesB,

Sorry for the delay in reply. This now returns #INVALID DATA TYPE. I found a work around by making two columns; one for the agent status and one for the PM status. I then just make a third column to sum the two.

Thank you!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!