Date - Workflow - Automation Assistance

I have a requirement to update the "Request Closed On' date with the system date. Based on the Current Status, set to "Closed" to the particular row of the cell.

I am using the pre-built template - "Record the date when specified criteria are met"

This is the logic i have written, when I am executing the workflow. The date simply appears for all of the rows in the "Request Closed On" column.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

When you "Run Now", it will ignore the trigger and only evaluate the conditions within the automation as described in the note above the "Run Now" button. You will need to include a condition in the Automation of the Status column being "Closed" to be able to have it only output a date on the rows that are "Closed". This will still only output the date that the automation was manually run. If you need different dates on different rows, you will need to manually check the cell history on each row to see when it was changed to "Closed".

Afterwards, you should be able to just leave the automation alone to run on its own and not have anything to worry about.

Answers