Anyone having issues with Automation running?

Options
jimhmeyers
jimhmeyers ✭✭
edited 03/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Everyone-

I have a sheet with a bunch of automation, but I noticed that 1 specific rule is not running. The rule is not deactivated and the rule will work correctly when I manually run the rule which is even weirder. Has this happened to anyone before?

Tags:

Answers

• joeabraham33
    Options

Hey there,

I'm encountering the same issue with one of my automation rules. It's quite perplexing because, like you, the rule isn't deactivated, and it works perfectly fine when I manually trigger it. Yet, for some reason, it's not running automatically as expected.

I've double-checked all the settings and configurations associated with the rule, but everything seems to be in order. Despite that, it still refuses to execute automatically.

If anyone has experienced something similar or has any insights into what might be causing this behavior, I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks in advance!

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @jimhmeyers , @joeabraham33 ,

Can you please help us help you by pasting pics of the automation steps (naturally redacting any sensitive information)?

Meanwhile, I have found that certain Conditions, while seemingly logical, are not as logical as the correct condition.

For instance, choosing 'is equal to' over 'contains' can produce different results.

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work

• jimhmeyers
    Options

Hi @Jason Albrecht I actually had someone point out in a group slack that my trigger was not set correctly which was the issue for me. I was able to update and the automation is working correctly now.