Form Submission Restriction based on date lead time

Options

Hi there!!

I am working with a form that we'd like to put a restriction on if a date selected is within a certain time frame. Example - We're putting in place a minimum of 7days lead time for requests to be satisfied and would like the form to be unsubmittable until that requirement is met. I don't see a way to do this through logic or settings but I am new to smartsheet and may very well be missing something! Looking forward to whatever answer comes my way! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Best Answer

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

You can`t limit value of the field content in the form. However, you can include logic/ trigger to this case. For example you can define that if someone choose date outside the limit it will show some field with email/ phone number to to submit with explanation of some approval, ..

You can set it up:

Hope this help.

Best,

Beata

Answers

• SmartWay360
    SmartWay360 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

You can`t limit value of the field content in the form. However, you can include logic/ trigger to this case. For example you can define that if someone choose date outside the limit it will show some field with email/ phone number to to submit with explanation of some approval, ..

You can set it up:

Hope this help.

Best,

Beata

• CCatAz
    CCatAz ✭✭
    Options

This worked and I was able to add a few steps afterwards asking for explanations! THANK YOU!!!!