Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Option to Not Include Sheet Link on Notifications

Comments

• BB2791
    BB2791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/02/24

I am using the Document Generator to send an attachment from my sheet to an external user. I do not want them to view the underlying sheet nor do I want to send them a link to the sheet and then have them get the experience of clicking the link and then getting an error due to the fact they do not have access.

More customization with alerts is SORELY needed to make Smartsheet more powerful for users.

• Our team also utilize dynamic view as an alternative access instead of the direct original smartsheet access. And by having the notification sending the sheet link, it throws off our team members with limited dynamic view access since it links to the sheet... It would be so much better if they don't link to the sheet directly. I support this feature!

• Hello Smartsheet Community,

Is there a way to only include an attachment in an automation without include a link to the sheet? I have created a personalized agreement using document builder and want to send out the agreement using an automation. I just don't want external customers having access to the sheet and the only way I can send the attachment is to include the link to the sheet.

• MariahC
    MariahC ✭✭
    edited 09/04/24

This would be extremely helpful! We use this to document specific trainings and have 100+ attendees for some trainings. I've been downloading them and emailing them separately, but having a way to do this without sending the smartsheet information would make things 20 times easier!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Anthony DAmbrosio

I hope you're well and safe!

Unfortunately, it's not possible now, but it's an excellent idea!

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

To clarify, nobody can access the sheet if they aren't shared with it.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• rathomas
    rathomas
    edited 09/04/24

I want to be able to send attachments without a link to the source sheet

• Thiara Perez
    Thiara Perez ✭✭
    edited 09/04/24

@Danielle O'Connell agree. I don't know why "message only" is the only option that can send a polished email with no links. I'd like to be able to include attachments and fields from the sheet with NO links to my source sheet. Also, we need to be able to add a standard attachment that is not part of my sheet. Meaning, I have an email automation to alert someone; and I want that email to include an "info" document that is saved in my desktop. When I am setting my email, I'd like to have an option to "upload file". Then when my workflow is triggered, the email goes out with that document attached. I think that would be a nice feature to have.

• Naren
    Naren ✭✭✭✭

Glad this is prioritized. Is there a release date for this enhancement yet?