Keeping track of old baselines

Options

Hi

I want to know if there is a simple way of keeping a log of baselines, e.g. each time it is reset, the old baseline is logged, similar to version control. The idea is that at the end of a project (which underwent change control resulting in the timeline needing to be re-baselined) we will be able to review the changes in the baselines (how many extra days it took and at which points). In other software, new columns appear for Baselines 1,2 3 etc. Is it possible to do a similar thing in Smartsheet?

Thank you, Jen

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 04/17/24 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @J.SB

What I would personally do is copy the content of the 3 baseline columns into three new, static columns (text only, no formulas). Then you can reset your Baseline to see live data with your new dates, starting from 0 again.

You can always check the cell history of an individual baseline cell (by right clicking on it) if you want to see historical data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 04/17/24 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @J.SB

What I would personally do is copy the content of the 3 baseline columns into three new, static columns (text only, no formulas). Then you can reset your Baseline to see live data with your new dates, starting from 0 again.

You can always check the cell history of an individual baseline cell (by right clicking on it) if you want to see historical data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• J.SB
    Options

A lovely, simple solution. Thank you Genevieve