Auto number risk column only adding till row 20 to another sheet reference

Options

Dear reader, I came across a unique issue and need a help.

1. I created a 'portfolio sheet' with list of projects in one column and a next column for Risk ID with text single line
  2. I created a separate sheet 'Risk register' with a dropdown of all the projects similar to the portfolio list and added a Risk ID column with #Auto number.
  3. Now I want to show the 'Risk#' populated automatically to the 'portfolio sheet' in the Risk ID column next to the project.
  4. in the 'portfolio sheet' under 'Risk ID' column I used the formula =JOIN(COLLECT({RAID Log Range 3}, {RAID Log Range 4}, Project@row), ",")
  5. '{RAID Log Range 3}' is the column of #Auto risk ID from Risk register sheet, {RAID Log Range 4} is the column reference to the dropdown list of projects from Risk register, 'Project@row' is the project name from the same 'portfolio sheet'.
  6. this is working perfectly fine, however the formula is not taking after row 20.

Best Answer

• Shashank
    Shashank
    edited 04/11/24 Answer ✓
    Options
    1. Sorry missed adding the print screen earlier. here is the print screen of 'Risk Register' where Risk IDs are auto generated. please see after row number 20, the small arrow which denotes linking is not showing and anything go beyond row 20 is not read by the formula. I tried editing the formula, but no help. let me know if you have any other suggestion or formula to use insted.

Answers

• Shashank
    Shashank
    edited 04/11/24 Answer ✓
    Options
    1. Sorry missed adding the print screen earlier. here is the print screen of 'Risk Register' where Risk IDs are auto generated. please see after row number 20, the small arrow which denotes linking is not showing and anything go beyond row 20 is not read by the formula. I tried editing the formula, but no help. let me know if you have any other suggestion or formula to use insted.

• Shashank
    Options

I discovered the solution. It was rather simple one.

Deleted Row from Row 21 and inserted new rows below 12. it took all the formulas 😃

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!