Entry date/Payments

Options
WWP
WWP
edited 04/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a sheet that tracks payments made by certain clients. When I add a new client that payment is due in June, the formulas are putting in automatically, payments that "should" have been paid in May. How do I make it so that the sheet won't calculate until the "entry date"?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @WWP

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• WWP
    Options

Here is a screenshot and explanation! Thank you!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @WWP

Data showing up in your previous columns will be based on the formulas that are in those cells. You could likely add an IF statement at the front that essentially says that IF the date in the Entry Date column is greater than X month, then ignore it, otherwise, carry on with your current formula.

=IF([Entry Date]@row > DATE(2024, 01, 01), "", formula

You'll need to change out the DATE you're looking for in each of your month columns. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve