Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives
The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.
Automated Email updates-- SUGGESTING MORE EFFICIENT FORMAT FOR COMMENTS
I LOVE SmartSheet but I really wish the AUTOMATED emails that are sent that include the COMMENTS section could be setup like the emails that can be sent from manually selecting the "send" function on a row; which places the message ON TOP of the row information.
Said in a simpler fashion--PLEASE PUT THE COMMENTS ON TOP OF THE ROW INFO!
Reason being--the format of the automated emails does not take the readers attention to the comments--it currently reads top to bottom:
- COMPANY LOGO & LOGIN HEADER
- SHEET HYPERLINK
- "CHANGES SINCE..."
- 2 ROWS UPDATED
- 1 COMMENT ADDED (IF ANYTHING IT'D MAKE SENSE TO PUT IT HERE)
- LINE BREAK-------------------------
- REDUNDANT INFO ABOUT CHANGES TO SSHEET(same as bullet 4)
- ROW INFORMATION
- CHANGES MADE BY.......
- LINE BREAK----------------------
- LIST NUMBER OF NEW COMMENTS ADDED....
- FINALLY WE HAVE THE ACTUAL COMMENT HERE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE EMAIL
Love your work--love it more if you make this change!