Reports Filter Criteria Behaviour

Hello Exports,

I am building a report based on a source sheet. The report should extract the rows based on the criteria "This Week".

Can you please take a look the pattern of screenshots and confirm if this is an expected behavior ? The data's appearing only when I am using "Is One Of" but not the other conditions.

The data source is updated via Data shuttle dynamically. It will replace the rows and place the new one. Also, the data input can be "This Week" or "Current Week". I prefer to use "CONTAINS" criteria with AND logic.

What is the recommendation?

The 2nd problem is

I am not able to call the Report based values in the METRIC based widget in the Dashboard. Hence, I am using the formula logic to arrive the output. Again, the number "This Week" is not getting recognized the formula. Some-times when I re-wrote the same formula its picking up ?

I am using the same logic to bring "Beyond 12 Week" and its working fine. What I am doing incorrectly here ?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It sounds like the source data may not contain "This Week" exactly. Have you double checked the source data to make sure there are no extra spaces or anything? Smartsheet will only show a single space even if there are multiple spaces next to each other, so you will need to click into the cell data as if you are about to edit it to be able to see if there is anything.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• tamiz.vedachalam
    edited 04/30/24

I tried calling the values into another columns with this formula: =SUBSTITUTE([Availability Timeframe]@row, " ", " ")

Still, there I am getting the same problem.

I tried the formulas as: =SUBSTITUTE([Availability Timeframe]@row, " ", "") but, instead of trimming the spaces in the end of the cells in both side, it remove all of the spaces = "This Week" is appearing as "ThisWeek".

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Right. That would be expected. Do you have extra spaces in the source data? Is that what is causing the problem?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!