Dashboard Bar Chart from One Row of Data

Options

I am working on a dashboard (newbie) where I have a table of data in my metric sheet but I need to graph each row independently in a bar chart. My challenge is that, after the first row, I get multiple rows of data displayed in my bar chart when I window the headings and the row(s). How do you choose the row from the range that was selected without eliminating the column titles?

Here is the chart of the first row which I need to duplicate for the other rows:

When I select the headings and the second row, it also includes the first row of data so my graph contains the data in the first row (above) along with the second row graph:

Here is a snapshot of the data in the metrics sheet:

I can't figure out the chart option to ignore the first row of data when I am plotting the second row, ignore the first two rows of data when plotting the third row, etc.

Tags:

Best Answer

• PCG Sam Harwart
    PCG Sam Harwart ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @GMichal ,

Here are a couple of ideas that might help:

1. Could you combine the stages into a single chart on your dashboard? Then you wouldn't have to worry about duplicating it. This may not work for how you want it laid out.

2. Could you modify your metrics sheet to add headers for each stage? If so, then you can build each chart using the headers and the applicable stage data.

Cheers,
    Sam

-
    primeconsulting.com | Smartsheet's 2023 Partner of the Year for North America
    Want to chat about a Smartsheet problem you're facing? Grab time on my calendar here: Schedule a Discovery Call!

Answers

• PCG Sam Harwart
    PCG Sam Harwart ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @GMichal ,

Here are a couple of ideas that might help:

1. Could you combine the stages into a single chart on your dashboard? Then you wouldn't have to worry about duplicating it. This may not work for how you want it laid out.

2. Could you modify your metrics sheet to add headers for each stage? If so, then you can build each chart using the headers and the applicable stage data.

Cheers,
    Sam

-
    Want to chat about a Smartsheet problem you're facing? Grab time on my calendar here: Schedule a Discovery Call!

• GMichal
    GMichal ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PCG Sam Harwart , a couple of great ideas. The users need the individual charts by stage so I can't go down that path but your second idea is a winner. I hadn't considered that solution as I thought that I was missing a setting in the dashboard similar to the selection of the column data to be included in the chart. Thanks for your solutions.

• PCG Sam Harwart
    PCG Sam Harwart ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Happy to help!

Cheers,
    Sam

-