Form to populate answers against unique ID

Hi Team,

I need to collate data from employees for an upcoming project. Has the form got functionality to recognise unique identification between answers and link it to relevant row yet?

My ideal sheet would have all employee names, their unique staff ID and relevant fields I will ask them to give me answers for via the form shared to all.

Current plan is to use VLOOKUP between answer sheet and master sheet.

Another option would be to go by requesting for updates from unique users within original sheet but this removes logic from the form and mandatory fields..

I wonder if there is a more efficient way?

Many thanks,

A

Tags:

Best Answer

• Will Jeffords
    Will Jeffords Overachievers
    Answer ✓

Hi @Aiva , that’s excellent! I’m 100% confident that using Dynamic View for your situation is the way to go. If you have any issues getting that going, just let me know and I’m happy to walk you through examples of how I’ve done exactly what you are wanting to do!

Will

Answers

• Will Jeffords

Hi @Aiva , do you have access to Dynamic View? This is the classic use case for DV. It allows you to create a filtered view on "current user" that would allow you to give that access to all employees to get the additional data you need from them into your ideal sheet.

If you don't have DV, then there are likely smart ways to use an Update Request automation to accomplish your goal. Let me know if you need more help working through that route!

Best,

Will

• Hi @Will Jeffords ,

I have DV view but never used it so will look into that! Many thanks for pointing this point

• Will Jeffords
    Answer ✓

Hi @Aiva , that’s excellent! I’m 100% confident that using Dynamic View for your situation is the way to go. If you have any issues getting that going, just let me know and I’m happy to walk you through examples of how I’ve done exactly what you are wanting to do!

Will