IF Function With Multiple Drop Down Selections

Options

I am not sure how to "Nest" if functions for my application or if I need to use the "AND / OR" functions with it.

Essentially, when my field team updates the [Field Status] column I want the appropriate colored circle to update in the [Risk Status] column.

Red = Delayed

Gray = Not Started

Yellow = In Progress

Green = Completed

*Bonus if you can help with this one below.

I would also like the [Risk Status] to automatically become a red circle IF the [EWD] column is past TODAY's date OR if [Field Status] = Not Started AFTER the [SWD] column has passed.

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/05/24
    Options

Hey @David Bramer,

I think you'd want it to look something like this:

=IF(OR(EWD@row > TODAY(), [FieldStatus]@row = "Delayed", AND([Field Status]@row = "Not Started", TODAY() >=SWD@row)), "Red", IF([Field Status]@row = "Not Started", "Gray", IF([Field Status]@row = "In Progress", "Yellow", IF([Field Status]@row = "Completed", "Green"))))

Nested IF statements are definitely doable!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• David Bramer
    Options

I am not sure why this gives me an unparseable?

• David Bramer
    Options

Thank you very much for the help I had to rework somethings but this formula works:

=IF([Field Status]@row = "Completed", "Green", IF(OR(([Field Status]@row = "Delayed"), (EWD@row < TODAY()), AND(([Field Status]@row <> "In Progress"), (SWD@row < TODAY()))), "Red", IF([Field Status]@row = "Not Started", "Gray", IF([Field Status]@row = "In Progress", "Yellow"))))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!