Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Ability to set font size in report

I would like the ability to control the font size in a report independently from the base sheet.

Currently, the report font size is controlled by the base sheet. I have a sheet with a font size of 10, and it is readable on my computer. I created a report with this sheet and put it on a dashboard, but the font size seems smaller or thinner than size 10. It didn't used to appear this small, but now that we have wide dashboards, it seems to be smaller than the sheet.

Then, I embedded the dashboard in a SharePoint site, which appeared even smaller. I had to increase the base sheet to size 16 to make the font appear at a reasonable size embedded in SharePoint. Here is a series of screenshots where you can see the font get smaller:

I cannot increase the font size on my base sheet because it is a large sheet, which would make it more difficult to read and use due to the large amount of data. A larger font size would cause more text to wrap and make the size of the rows larger.

15 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Leah H
    Leah H ✭✭✭

I would like to see this capability. I assume that if you increase the font size on the report, that will carry over to the font size on the dashboard. I am wondering if there are times when you would want to change the font size on the dashboard directly. For example, I want one font size on dashboard 1 and a different font size on dashboard 2, but both use the same underlying report.

• Bill in Ohio
    Bill in Ohio ✭✭✭✭

I think it would be great to have a "default font and font-size" for each sheet, report, form, and dashboard. Kind of like a setting that was attached to the page. Yes, users can increase the "Zoom", but if we were able to set defaults for the page, maybe they wouldn't have to increase it, but have the option to increase/decrease it.